7v7 coed small goals
8v8 coed big goals and goalies
7v7 mens, 7v7 womens with big goals
11v11 coed and 11v11 mens
3) Go to http://signupinfo.sports4good.org and look up what leagues accept individual players. You'll be put you on a team of other individual players or we will pass you off to a team captain. Sometimes you do end up paying a bit more this route though but the advantage is that you get to meet a lot of new people and once you meet them it'll be easier for you to get picked up by other teams.
4) Sign up a team at http://signupinfo.sports4good.org. After you sign up a team, you will also have access to the free agent list.
Once you get on a team:
If you get assigned to a team, whether it's to a team of other individual players or with a team with a captain-- you should help recruit subs if your team is short for any non-playoff game. Up to 2 guest players are allowed as long as they have a Sports4Good card. Captains and your teammates would appreciate the help.
Field permits, refs, and insurance are included in the cost of league dues. Captains can't sponsor any players so if you tell a captain you're in, then plan to chip in the dues whether you make all or some of the games. It's ok to miss a game or two. Rosters are sized appropriately by captains to take this into account.
Be sure to communicate with your team as to whether you can make each game. If you give the team plenty of notice, they will have time to recruit for a sub if needed.
Here are some ideas:
1) Become a scrimmage "manager" when we run soccer, flag football, or basketball scrimmages.
2) Make suggestions to improve current leagues. Keep in mind we are always balancing between running a fun adult recreational league while enforcing minimal rules to ensure safety and fairness for all.
3) Filter questions through your team captain and co-captain prior to contacting the league. This helps ensure everyone is on the same page and helps to reduce the number of questions that we answer. This frees up time for the league to keep the website updated, plan more social events, obtain permits, etc.
4) Recommend any gyms or fields that we may not be aware of. Advise of a contact to get in touch with and put in a good word for Sports4Good. Conveniently located fields and gyms are hard to come by!
5) Follow the rules, and in particular, make sure your roster is updated by your 3rd game. Ensure all your teammates are listed on your roster. Don't wait until 2 days before playoffs begin to find out your teammate isn't on your roster.
6) Ensure your captain can check e-mail at least once or twice a day. If a schedule change cannot be avoided, e-mail alerts are sent to the affected team captains (if it's fewer than 10 days notice).
7) Exchange cell phone numbers/e-mail with all of your teammates! When schedule/field changes occur, please advise your players right away.
Still looking for more time on the soccer pitch? Why not play in our 7v7 Sunday morning league! We still have space available. Maybe you just want to get some more exercise or kick start a Sunday with some soccer instead of coffee!
About the Sunday AM format
We will track W-L-T-+forfeits for EACH individual. At the end of the 7 week season, winning prize is Sports4Good sweatshirt for the king and queen of the pitch. Season begins Dec 15. No game will be scheduled on Dec 22 and Dec 29. All games at South Sunset (40th Ave and Wawona) at 9am
Sign up : http://signup_form.sports4good.org